Google Trends shows that the words opening hours are the most common search after the brand/service name and "near me". Google takes this into account by displaying the opening hours along with the store address as a search result.
Therefore, Listings try to pre-fill most information based on your Google location. However, here you can simply edit, remove or add opening hours. By clicking on Add hours, you can add multiple opening hours per day. This is relevant whenever you close during the day and re-open (i.e. Siesta).
How can I do that?
- Log in to your dashboard
- Go to your Listings page
- Go to the "Opening hours" section and click on Edit
- Once you have done so, you will find a page like this one. You can easily edit the schedules to your convenience
Can I change the hours using GMB?
Of course, but it is not recommended. If you manually change your opening hours in your Google My Business account Listings will not overwrite them later, as this makes Google My Business leading and not Listings.
But, If you happen to be in the above mentioned situation and you've have already changed the opening hours in Google and you want Listings to take lead again please take the following steps:
- Go to the opening hours section
- Change the times for different hours (incorrect ones) and save it
- At the top right, you will find a "Synchronize" button. Click on it
- After that, change the hours again for the correct ones and save it
- Once this is done, please hit again the "Sync" button.
Once this is done, the system (Listings) will regain control over GMB again.
For more information, you can check this article out.